January 24, 2011 § 2 Comments
It’s Meatless Monday! Here’s a recipe that is uber tasty and a lovely vegetarian spin on the Mexican dish enchiladas!
What you’ll need:
- 1 packet of Mountain Bread Wraps (these are often times GF and have no preservatives or nasties!)
- 1 420g tin of tomatoes, pureed
- 1 cup grated tasty cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 carrots, grated finely
- 2 zucchinis, grated finely
- 1 small brown onion, diced finely
- 1/2 cauliflower, diced finely
- 2 tbsp grapeseed oil
- 1 tsp tumeric
- 1 tsp garam marsala
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- salt to taste
- fresh parsley to garnish
How ya make it:
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees.
- On a medium high heat, add the oil. Now add the onion and spices – stirring frequently to allow the flavour to develop and really come out – about 1-2 mins.
- Now add the carrot, zucchini, onion and cauliflower. Stirring it often, cook it for about 2-3 minutes – or until the carrot is soft. Turn off heat and set aside.
- Grab a lasagne-style shallow dish. Set it aside. Now grab one mountain bread wrap. Using a tablespoon, grab some of the vegetable mixture and make a line of it down one edge of the wrap. Now curl the wrap inwards and roll it into a tube. Place it into the dish. Repeat this process until all the wraps have filling in them.
- Now with your neatly lined up dish of enchiladas, grab your tomato puree and gently pour it over the wraps so it’s evenly covered. Season with salt.
- The next step is the cheese – sprinkle it through the middle of the wraps over the tomato. I like to season with parsley because I *detest* coriander, but if you like it, you could use that instead (you freak!)
- Now whack it into the oven and cook for 40 minutes or until the cheese is bubbling and looks delicious.
I like to serve my enchiladas with a side salad (we had lettuce, capsicum, mixed beans and cucumber tonight) and a huge dollop of sour cream.