February 7, 2011 § Leave a comment
Here’s a really yummy recipe suitable for the slow cooker that you can whack on and enjoy later!
To make the meatballs:
- 500g lean beef mince
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 small onion
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp Tamari
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs or LSA
- Handful chopped parsley
- Grate all the vegetables finely and place in a bowl with the remainder ingredients. Use your hands and combine together.
- Using a tablespoon for a size guide scoop the meat mixture and make a ball.
- Place it on the bottom of the slow cooker pot. Repeat with the entire mixture until there is none left over and the base of the slow cooker is full of meat balls. You can make 2 layers if need be.
To make the sauce:
- 400g tin of tomatoes, pureed
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
- 1/2 tsp English or dijon mustard
- Use a fork and stir til combined. Pour over the meat balls.
Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4. Serve with pasta or rice and lots of Parmesan cheese.
Enjoy! (I know I did! 😀 )