April 14, 2010 § Leave a comment
This recipe is so good. I always get compliments when it is served at picnics or BBQs. It’s delicious served heated as dinner with salad, or alone for lunch. Or even for breakfast.. really.
- 2 cups cooked rice (I prefer to use Basmati as it’s the lowest GI)
- 1 tin 250g tuna in spring water, drained
- 4 eggs
- 220g feta, crumbled
- 1 corn cob, kernels cut off
- 1 medium zucchini, diced into about 1cm blocks
- 200g sun-dried tomatoes, diced roughly
- Pepper and salt to taste
How to make it:
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Combine all the ingredients bar the feta in a bowl in a bowl and mix well.
- Slightly oil a slice form and firmly pat the mixture into it.
- Sprinkle the crumbled feta over the top.
- Place in the oven and cook for 30 minutes or until the feta ontop has melted and is bubbling.
The tuna can be omitted so that it’s vegetarian. Another optional thing to add is spinach leaves or fresh basil, but I was out. I have also made this with Quinoa instead of rice and it was just as tasty, but obviously more protein rich. You can pretty much alter the ingredients to your taste however you like – I’ve never had it taste anything less than delicious. 🙂