May 25, 2010 § 1 Comment
So here’s a tasty vegetarian dish for ya. I am lazy and don’t make my own cannelloni shells.. please forgive me! 😉
What you need:
- 400g baby spinach
- 1 large kumara, peeled
- large bunch of fresh basil
- large bunch of flat leaf parsley
- juice of half a lemon
- zest of half a lemon
- 500g ricotta cheese
- store bought cannelloni shells – I use about 12
- 1 medium jar passata
- 1 cup grated tasty cheese
- sea salt and pepper to season
What to do:
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees.
- First you’ll need to steam the spinach and kumara. This can be done either in separate containers or using a stacked container. Steam them both for about 6 minutes each with about 1/4 cup water and then let them cool.
- Using a stick blender, blitz the kumara into a puree. Then with the spinach, press it through a sieve so that any liquid is expelled. Then dice finely.
- In a bowl, add the kumara, spinach, parsley, basil, ricotta, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt and pepper. Stir to combine thoroughly.
- Prepare your cannelloni shells as per the packet. Some require pre-boiling, some don’t.
- Using a zip-lock bag or a piping bag if you’re all fancy (I’m not 😉 ) stuff the cannelloni shells with the mixture. Then place the shells side by side in a long thin dish. Once you’ve filled the right number you need, pour the passata over the top of the stuffed cannelloni shells and sprinkle with grated tasty cheese. Cook for about 40 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbling.
- This can be served alone in a larger serve or as a side with some salad or steamed vegetables.