July 12, 2010 § 1 Comment
This is a simple, absolutely delicious recipe which can be whipped up quickly at last minute. 🙂 Perfect for those nights when you really can’t be bothered cooking but feel you ought to serve something other than cheese on toast. 😛 (Speaking from experience!)
- 250g packet of smoked salmon, diced into strips
- 1 carrot, cut julienne
- bunch of chives, diced thinly
- 1 cob of corn, kernels cut off
- 1 cup of pure cream
- salt and pepper to season
- 2 cups of whatever pasta you fancy
- Parmesan cheese to garnish
How to make it:
- Cook the pasta per the packet instructions.
- While the pasta is cooking, add the cream to a heavy based fry pan turned to medium and let it simmer for a minute, while you then add the vegetables and chives. Let this cook for about 5 minutes or so, or until the vegetables are soft.
- Season the cream with salt and pepper, turn the pan to low. Add the smoked salmon, and cook gently for about 5 minutes. Turn off heat.
- The pasta should be cooked by now, drain it.
- Place the pasta into bowls, and spoon some of the creamy salmon on top. Garnish with some shaved Parmesan.