Quick and easy satay sauce
June 18, 2011 § 1 Comment
This tastes great on top of noodles with steamed vegetables (which happens to be a regular meal here!) or with rice and grilled chicken.
- 1 small brown onion, diced very finely
- 1 large clove or 2 small cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons of Tamari/soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chilli powder, ground
- 1 x 420 tin of coconut cream
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons neutral oil (NOT olive oil)
- pinch of salt
- On a medium/high heat, add the oil and saute the garlic and onion til they are translucent.
- Add the chilli powder, stirring continuously to cook out the flavour, then add the peanut butter.
- Turn the heat down to medium/low. Keep stirring, add the sugar, lemon juice, tamari, salt and finally the coconut cream.
- Mix thoroughly until combined for a few minutes. Remove from heat.
Voila! You’re done. Enjoy. 😀
This recipe makes a lot of sauce (about 3 cups) so it can be halved but I like to make it in big batches because I like to eat it for leftovers and dip my hot chips into it. Hehe.