Potato & Leek Soup
March 26, 2011 § Leave a comment
This soup is really lovely and nourishing, and doesn’t take much time at all to cook. It can be doubled and frozen – this amount will yield you four serves.
- 2 tbsp salted butter (dairy-free you could use olive oil, same quantities)
- 2 brown onions, diced
- 2 large leeks, diced
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 3 cups homemade gelatinous chicken stock
- salt and pepper to taste
How ya make it:
- On a med/high heat, place the butter in a large heavy based saucepan and let it sizzle and melt.
- Add the leeks and chopped onions, and stir and let cook til the onions are translucent.
- Add in the chopped potatoes and pour over the stock.
- Bring it to the boil, and then turn the stove down to low and cook for 30 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper, turn off the stove and allow the mixture to cool.
- When cool, place into a food processor and process til at your desired consistency. Add more stock or some water to make it runnier if you like.
- Sprinkle with some thyme or homemade croutons and gobble it all up! 😀