Dairy-Free Coconut & Oat bickies
March 26, 2011 § 2 Comments
Here’s a recipe I totally winged which turned out awesome. These make lovely crunchy little mouthfuls and they’re uber healthy, too! Perfect for an afternoon snack. The recipe makes about 25 I’d say, and can be doubled. You could even freeze the dough if you wanted. 🙂
Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
In a bowl combine:
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1/3 cup raw virgin coconut oil
Now make it:
- When the mixture is combined it needs to be moist but not sticky. If it’s sticky, add a bit extra flour.
- Using a teaspoon get out a walnut-size amount and using wet hands, roll it into a ball and place onto a tray lined with baking paper.
- Repeat for the entire mixture, allowing a few cm space between each.
- Use a fork and press down slightly on each bickie to flatten a bit.
- Place in the oven and cook for 15 minutes or until the outer edges are slightly golden.
- Remove from the oven and allow them to cool near a window – they will harden and when completely cool be crunchy and delicious.