Coconut Lime Cake
December 6, 2010 § 2 Comments
This has fast become my favourite cake to make because it’s moist, easy-as cake (hehe) and I always have limes in the fridge and coconut in the pantry. It takes no time at all and yields a beautiful moist but not heavy cake. And it’s dairy free! It’s a winner!
In a bowl, combine:
- 1 cup of self raising flour (this can be wholemeal if you like)
- 1/2 cup raw sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup grapeseed oil
- juice of 1 lime
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Mix the ingredients in a bowl. Grease a small round pan or a loaf tin, spoon the mixture in and use a spatula to flatten the top.
- Cook for 30 minutes.
- When it’s cooked, take it out of the oven and allow it to stand in the pan for 5 minutes and then place it onto a wire rack for 10 minutes or until it’s cooled. Then ice it!
To make the icing all I do is add:
- 1 cup icing sugar
- juice of half-to-a-whole of lime
- Place the icing sugar in a bowl, grab a teaspoon and begin to juice the lime, stirring well between additions of more juice. You only need a tiny amount of juice, way less than you’d think so go slowly until it reaches the consistency of a thick paste.
- Spread the icing onto the centre of the cake using a spatula and use the edge of a bread knife to cover the top of the cake. Voila!
Tastes great served for afternoon with a cup of green tea. You can sub the limes for lemons or even oranges. 🙂
Enjoy! I’d love to hear what you think.