Easy Spinach Pie
November 26, 2010 § Leave a comment
Here’s a lovely light dish suitable for lunch or dinner (or breakfast!). Tastes great reheated the next day too, or served cold. We have it with a side salad.
- 250g baby spinach
- 3 shallots, diced finely
- juice of half a lemon
- 500g full fat ricotta cheese
- 2 sheets of puff pastry
- large bunch of fresh parsley
- either dried basil leaves or fresh – good handful
- 1 egg
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees.
- Firstly, cook your spinach. Steam 250g spinach leaves either in the microwave or on the stove. Dice finely and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the ricotta, basil and parsley, spinach, shallots and lemon juice. Add the egg and give it a good stir.
- Lay the pastry into a pie dish and then spoon the ricotta mixture into the dish, using a fork to flatten it out. Place it into the oven and cook for 35 minutes or until the pastry is golden and crispy.