September 3, 2010 § Leave a comment
Here’s a quick recipe for the most delicious, moist, soft scones you’ll ever try! Perfect for an afternoon picnic or a morning tea at the park.
- First, preheat your oven to 220°C.
- In a small bowl combine:
- 2/3 cup cold lemonade (Schweppes have no additives in it)
- 2/3 cup pure cream
- Now in another bowl, a larger one, place 2 cups of self raising flour.
- Make a little well in the centre and add the lemonade/cream mixture.
- Using a wooden spoon, give the mixture a good mix so that it forms a slightly sticky dough.
- Flour your surface and gently knead the dough for about 15 seconds (if the dough is too sticky then add a touch more flour) and then flatten out so the dough is about 1.5cm thick.
- Using a cookie cutter (or you could try it my way and just use a small round drinking glass) cut out your circles and place them onto a tray lined with baking paper.
- Place in the oven and cook for 12-15 minutes or until they spring back when touched and aren’t gooey.
- Place onto a cooling rack and allow to cool for about 10 minutes before serving with lashings of cream and fig compote (our favourite). And then brag about how long they took you to make and how complicated (but worthwhile) the recipe was. 😉
Makes about 12.. or 9 if you make super duper ones. These will keep in a sealed container on the bench for up to 3 days. But they never last that long here!