Easy Sour Cream Quiche
July 5, 2010 § 3 Comments
This is such a simple recipe that it’ll amaze you. Seriously.
In a bowl combine:
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 6 organic free range eggs
- 4 slices of shaved ham, sliced finely
- 2 shallots, diced thinly
- 1 zucchini, grated finely
- a good serve of cracked pepper
- pinch of salt
- Whack it into a flan dish and pop it into a preheated oven of about 190 degrees.
- Cook for about 30 minutes or until the edges go golden.
Serve warm or cold. This tastes great alone or with a side salad for a meal. It also works well in a muffin tray for mini quiches.
Another way to change it up is to line the dish with a sheet of puff pastry before the mixture is put in. You can alter the ingredients to suit your tastes – other great combos are wilted spinach and feta, grated sweet potato and corn with caramelised onion. You could also try adding proscuitto or bacon instead of ham. Fresh herbs work a treat in this, too.
Please give it a go, and let me know how you liked it!