Microwave Potato Bake
June 23, 2010 § 1 Comment
Okay, let me say this firstly. I am not a huge fan of microwaves and I don’t use mine all that much but I do think it comes in handy sometimes when a quick dinner needs to be whipped up.
This recipe is just that: quick and really simple… and most importantly, delicious. I suggest serving it with a good steak and some steamed vegetables like broccolini, carrot and baby corn.
- About 5 potatoes, scrubbed clean and peeled
- 1 brown onion, diced into thin rings
- 200ml pure cream
- handful of fresh chives, diced
- 1 cup shredded cheese (mozzarella is nice, tasty works just fine)
- salt and pepper to season
How to make it
- In a jug, combine the cream, chives and 1/2 the cheese.
- Thinly slice all the potatoes and onions. Set aside.
- In a heavy stone bowl with a lid, begin layering. First potatoes in a flat layer, then onion rings, then the cream sauce.
- Continue layering until all the ingredients are gone.
- Top with the remaining cheese, season and then place lid onto bowl.
- Cook on high in microwave for 11 minutes.
That’s it! Please try it and report back- I love hearing from my readers. 🙂