Pancetta and Leek creamy Pasta
June 8, 2010 § Leave a comment
Here’s another simple Winter warming recipe. It is *sooooo* yummy. 🙂
- 250g pancetta, sliced thinly
- 1 large leek, green top chopped off, stem cut length ways and then diced finely in semi circles
- 1 corn cob, kernels chopped off
- handful of mushrooms, diced finely
- 3/4 cup pure cream
- 1/4 cup homemade chicken stock
- Small bunch of parsley roughly chopped
- Parmesan cheese
- cracked pepper
- 2 cups wholemeal pasta
Now make it:
- Put your pasta on the stove to boil in some salty water.
- Now, in a pan, dry fry the pancetta over a med/high heat. Let it get a bit brown and crispy, stirring it often. The fat from the pancetta will seep out and make the pan lubricated.
- To the pan, add the vegetables and saute for a few minutes. Now add the cream, stock and parsley and a good lot of cracked pepper. Turn the heat down to low and let it simmer for about 15 minutes until it thickens in the pan.
- Once the pasta is cooked, spoon some of the sauce on top of it and garnish it with some grated parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.
Serves 4. Enjoy!