Simple Pineapple Chicken
June 6, 2010 § 2 Comments
This recipe is so simple it is almost ridiculous! It can easily be chucked into the slow cooker, too.
What you need:
- 500g chicken thigh fillets, diced into medium chunks
- 1 small onion, diced finely
- 1 tin (420g) pineapple chunks with juice
- 1 jar of passata or 1 tin of tomatoes, pureed
- about 8 mushrooms sliced thinly
- 1 tbsp grape seed oil or whatever oil you prefer to use for cooking
How to make it:
- On a med/high heat, cook the chicken until slightly golden on the outside. Add the onion and cook til it’s translucent.
- Add the mushrooms, stirring, and cook for about 3 minutes or so. Into the saucepan add the pineapple with the juice and then passata.
- Stir to combine and cook on a med-low heat for about 20 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with basmati rice or quinoa.