Spiced Iced Coffee
May 15, 2010 § 1 Comment
As requested by N. This recipe is really simple and can be done with instant coffee and also percolated coffee, too.
- 5 tablespoons of instant coffee or 1 cup of percolated coffee
- 2 cardamom pods
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons of raw sugar
- 1 L milk
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 tray of ice-cubes
How to make it:
- Place the instant coffee in a jug and pour over about 1 cup full of boiling water. Add the sugar and stir to combine so the sugar and coffee dissolves. If you’re using percolated coffee, do the same thing but add the sugar to the hot coffee.
- Add in the spices and give it a good stir. Cover the jug and let it sit for about 10 minutes to allow the spices to infuse.
- Pick out the cardamom pods and then add the milk. Stir to combine. Top the jug with ice and serve!
Note: This makes very strong iced-coffee, which is how we like it. The coffee content could easily be changed depending on your taste. This tastes awesome with black and white twisty bickies dunked into it. 😉