Easy and Delicious Sausage Curry
May 11, 2010 § 5 Comments
This makes a great Winter meal. It can be doubled and frozen easily and it can also be done in the slow cooker. More vegetables could be added if you so wanted to, and the curry powder content could be upped for more spice.
What you’ll need:
- 500g organic sausages (or plain ones are fine), we like beef ones
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced to a medium sized chunk
- 2 carrots, as above
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1 small onion or half a large onion, diced thinly
- small handful of fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp oil – we like to use rice bran oil or grape seed
- 1 tin coconut cream
- 1 cup of water
How to make it:
- First let’s start off by cooking the sausages. I like to boil mine and then de-skin them when they’re cooled if there’s a need – if you buy good quality organic ones they won’t need to be “skinned”. Place the sausages whole in a pot, fill with water til they’re covered and cook on med-high for about 15 minutes. Drain and put aside to cool.
- Now let’s do the sauce. In a jug combine the brown sugar, corn flour, curry powder and water. Mix til combined thoroughly, set aside.
- Saute the onion in a large heavy based pot til translucent. Then add the sweet potato, carrot, peas and parsley. Stirring, cook for about 5 minutes or so.
- Add the sauce to the pan, mixing. Then add the coconut cream and stir. Cook on a low simmer for about 30 minutes. 5 minutes before the end, dice the now cooled sausages up and add them to the pot and cook for about 5 minutes on a medium heat til reheated thoroughly.
- And you’re done! This can be served with steamed rice or quinoa or even pasta. We love it with quinoa.
Enjoy! And report back. 😉