“Healthy” Chocolate Brownies
April 24, 2010 § Leave a comment
Dubbed “Healthy” because this recipe uses organic chocolate and butter, and wholemeal flour. Obviously you could substitute for Ordinary but then they wouldn’t be as “nutritious”, right? 😉
- 220g butter, cut into cubes
- 250g organic chocolate (dark, white or milk whichever is your poison), broken into pieces
- 1 cup wholemeal flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
What you’re gonna do:
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Boil a saucepan of water and then place a heat-proof bowl on top and chocolate and butter into the dish.
- Stir, allowing the chocolate and butter to melt into a velvety goodness and then take off heat.
- Whisk eggs and sugar together until combined. Add the chocolate/butter mixture and mix. Then add the flour and salt.
- Stir ingredients til combined thoroughly.
- Pour into a slice tray or a shallow dish and place into the oven. Cook for 20-25 minutes or until a knife comes out practically clean when pierced into the brownies, bar a few delicious crumbs.
- If you can wait, let them cool for about 15 minutes and then place them onto an airing tray and leave for another 15, and slice into squares. If you can’t wait, have a slice now. Or maybe two.. OK so I had three, but they’re delicious!